Saturday, January 23, 2016

Duran Duran Concert 2007- Part 1




November 10- Our Adventure in NYC

My brother came with me into the city on the day that I was going to the Duran Duran concert. We looked around in some stores and went to St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

   We bought some CDs in the Virgin Megastore. He got Bon Jovi- Crossroads, Rush, and Hall and Oates. I got Phil Collins- Love Songs and Elvis 30 #1 Hits. I paid cash for that but then used my credit card for 2 DD CDs and their Sing Blue Silver DVD.

   I heard their “Hungry Like the Wolf” playing on the stereo system and saw a big cardboard cut out thing of them there. In Barnes and Noble I read a review of their new album. This was getting me even more excited about seeing them.

   We got to the Barrymore Theatre at about 7:10. A girl was there telling people that the show had been cancelled because of the Broadway strike. This was extremely disappointing. She handed out a paper with a number to call about rescheduling.

   My brother was talking to a girl who had traveled all the way from Norway to see them. I felt bad for her.

   This would have been only the second time ever that I was in a Broadway theater. The first was in 1982 on a class trip. We saw The Pirates of Penzance but the understudies not Linda Ronstadt and Rex Smith were in it. I still have the Playbill for this.

 

November 12

I was feeling so anxious when calling that number. The guy told me that I could use my ticket either that night or the next one. They would now be performing at the Roseland Ballroom. I just have to go tonight I can’t wait another day to see them

  Mike and I are going to Target tomorrow. I will be buying DD’s new album, Red Carpet Massacre. It is new release day. This is the first time that I will ever be purchasing an album when it first came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment